Jefferson Davis Parish Library Outreach & Homebound Resources
If you have a specific skill or interest that you wish to share with others, please contact your local library. We are always looking for people to teach classes on many different topics and to help develop/mentor our after-school children.
Additional Volunteer Opportunities
Please consider volunteering for one of the following agencies
LA Cafe is an online portal for state assistance programs (SNAP, FITAP, KCSP, CHILD SUPPORT)
For personal assistance, refer to ASSIST Agency (see below)
Provides information or assistance on:
- Department of
- Children and Family
- Services (Welfare)
- SNAP (Food Stamps)
- Employment, Social Security, Legal Aid and Community Services
- Emergency Voucher Assistance
- Food for Families
- Food Vouchers
- Medicaid / LaCHIP
- Pharmaceutical Access Program
- Affordable Housing
- Resources for local shelter
- Apartment Construction/Rental
- Revolving Loan for Small Business Development and Expansion
- VITA (Must call 2-1-1 to make an appointment)
- Single Family Home Construction
- HUD-Approved Housing Counseling
- Childcare Centers
- Emergency only – utility assistance
- Summer Feeding Program
Emergency shelter, safety & counseling for female victims of domestic violence and their dependent children.
- 24hr Hotline: 866-883-2232
- Shelter provides food, clothing, and personal hygiene items. Residents may stay up to 45 days while they look for employment & housing. Shelter operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Residents of Jeff Davis Parish may get assistance in obtaining Temporary Protective Orders for domestic violence and or referrals for additional legal services.
Assistance programs are free to 60+
- Meals on wheels
- Food pantry
- Food stamps application assistance
- Medication assistance
- Medicare application assistance
- Transportation, respite care
- Electric bill assistance – through Entergy grant (must apply)
- Acadiana on call – legal aid
- Homemaker service (when available, everyday supplies)
- Health Education: Diabetes and Arthritis
- Jeff Davis Senior Center – Fun Activities
Outpatient services to individuals with mental illness and/or an addictive disorder (alcohol, drugs, gambling) for both adults and children.
- Access Services – Crisis Services, Assessment/Evaluation, and Referral
- Outpatient Counseling- Individual, Family and Group Therapy
- Psychiatric Evaluation
- Psychiatric Medication Management
- Intensive Outpatient Counseling Treatment for substance abuse
- Referral to inpatient programs
- Referral for detoxification
- Drug Screens
- Medical Assessments and referral
- On-site pharmacy services and patient assistance programs to reduce medication costs
- Support Groups
- Aftercare Services
- HIV/STD/TB Screening Services
- Evaluation/Treatment for Compulsive Gambling
- Medicaid Application assistance
Provides assessments, treatment, support & referrals for the chemically dependent and families.
- Serves parents of Pre-K through 5th grade students, assisting parents in working more effectively with their children at home
Electronic games, books, videos, cassettes, puzzles, manipulative, bingo and board games, flashcards, worksheets and other educational materials.
- Two parent liaisons are available to parents and schools to facilitate open lines of communication between home and school.
- Assistance with understanding state testing and test results, as well as practice tests
- Assistance with Title 1
Contact via Facebook
Prepares & delivers hot meals for elderly homebound residents of Lake Arthur.