- JDPL cards are free to anyone who lives, works, owns property or attends school in Louisiana.
- Digital cards are no longer offered.
- Stop by any JDP library locations to fill out an application.
- Photo ID & proof of address are required to get a card.
- Under age 18 requires a parent/guardian signature (see Legal Guardian details below)
Legal Guardians & Juvenile Accts.
- Any responsible adult who is willing to take ownership of a child’s account CAN register a child for a library card.
- We prefer new juvenile accounts be opened by the child’s legal guardian but understand there are special circumstances for many families.
- We must have address where child resides AND adult who is signing for it.
- Adult taking ownership (signing) must be present when completing the application.
- Temp cards may be issued to anyone who lives in Louisiana but is unable to show proof of address; other special circumstances (such as natural disasters & emergencies) are at discretion of library manager
- Temp cards expire after 2 months and are limited to 3 items
By default, passwords are the last 4 #s of your library card. You may change your password at any time by logging into MY ACCOUNT on our website or by contacting your local library.
You will need your library card # and password to use our online services, such as renewing your items or placing reserves on items that are checked out or at another location.
- Books, audiobooks and magazines may be borrowed for up to 14 days. Adult cards can checkout a total of 30 of these types of items. Juvenile cards can checkout a total of 15 items.
- DVDs may be borrowed for up to 7 days and are limited to 3 per card
- Items may be renewed twice, as long as no one has requested that item on reserve
- Audiovisual items including DVDs and Blu-rays owned by JDPL are $.50 per day.
- Books, magazines and audiobooks owned by JDPL do NOT accrue a late fee.
- ILL items are $.50 per day
- Items not returned will automatically be put to LOST after 60 days and patron will be charged for lost item.
- Anyone who owes a fine of $5.00 or more OR has owed a fine of any amount for 90 days or more will forfeit their borrowing privileges until all fines are paid in full. This includes fines or fees for replacements.
- Family files will be linked. If the total amount of fines for any family reaches $10.00 or more, the entire family forfeits their borrowing privileges until all fines are paid in full.
- To request items owned by Jeff Davis Parish Library, visit our online catalog and log in with your card # and password. Find the item you want, click on it, click on the Reserve button, then select the location where you want the item sent. Items on Reserve can be held on Reserve Shelf at library of your choice for up to 1 week; after that, reserve is removed from your account and returned to the owning library or next available patron on wait list.
- To request items NOT owned by the Jeff Davis Parish Library, contact us via phone/email/in person and let us know what you want. Depending on the item, we may purchase or request it through Inter-Library Loan (ILL) — either way, it’s free for you! Once an ILL item arrives at your library of choice, we can hold it for up to 2 weeks; after that, it is sent back to owning library.
- An LSW card allows you to check out items from the following parishes: Jeff Davis, Calcasieu, Cameron, Beauregard, Vernon, Allen and Rapides.
- Residents of any of these parishes may apply for an LSW card at their home parish library.
- This card does NOT give you access to other parish library’s digital materials, just the physical items, and each parish library may have different checkout rules that apply.
- Print or copy letter or legal sizes: 10 cents per page (per side)
- Print or copy 11 X 17 sizes: 20 cents per page (per side)
- Print or copy COLOR pages: 25 cents (regardless of size)
- Fax a document: 2 dollars for 1st page / 50 cents each additional page; MAX $10 per document.
- Laminate a page: 1 dollar per page / 50 cents per card (small laminate sleeves.
- The Jennings Library offers a small conference room that comfortably fits 10 people. This space includes a small sink, projector screen and portable projector (you provide the laptop and cords), and 12-cup coffee pot (you provide all coffee supplies). To reserve this room, call the Jennings Library at 337-824-9530.
- Lake Arthur Library offers a quiet study room that is ideally suited for 2 people but can fit up to 4. There are plenty of outlets for charging devices in this space. To reserve this room, call 337-774-3661.
- Anyone using these rooms must comply with our Meeting Room Policy.