Who is eligible to receive a library card?
- Anyone who lives, works, owns property or attends school in Louisiana
What is required to get a library card?
- Photo ID & proof of address are required to get a card
- Children under the age of 18 year of age will need to have a parent/guardian signature
How long can I keep my items?
- Books, audiobooks and magazines have a lending period of 14 days
- DVDs and Blu-rays have a lending period of 7 days
- Items may be renewed if they are not on reserve by someone else. You can renew your items by logging into your account online or calling your local branch.
How many items can I checkout?
- Books, audiobooks and magazines are limited to 30 of each item type per Adult Card and 15 per Juvenile Card.
- DVDs and Blu-rays are limited to 3 per Adult or Juvenile Card.
What are the library’s fines and fees for items returned late?
- Audiovisual items including DVDs and Blu-rays owned by JDPL are $.50 per day
- Print items owned by JDPL do NOT accrue a late fee
- ILL items are $.50 per day
- Items not returned will automatically be put to LOST after 60 days and patron will be charged for lost item
- Anyone who owes a fine of $5.00 or more OR has owed a fine of any amount for 90 days or more will forfeit their borrowing privileges until all fines are paid in full. This includes fines or fees for replacements.
- Family files will be linked. If the total amount of fines for any family reaches $10.00 or more, the entire family forfeits their borrowing privileges until all fines are paid in full.
How do I request items?
- To request items owned by Jeff Davis Parish Library, visit our online catalog and log in with your card # and password. Find the item you want, click on it, click on the Reserve button, then select the location where you want the item sent.
- To request items NOT owned by the Jeff Davis Parish Library, contact us via phone/email/in person and let us know what you want. Depending on the item, we may purchase or request it through Inter-Library Loan (ILL) — either way, it’s free for you!